Monday, June 14, 2010

Spam and Potatoes; hard boiled egg and spinach.


Wow. So let me just say that the last few dinners here have been crazy. I've already written about what I've done (with the Loire Valley and things like that) so now I'm just going to write about what Mme Dugan has been serving me for dinner.

Last night I was super hungry and tired after a long day of riding on the bus and walking around chateaus and various things like that. I was hoping for a super rad dinner that would fill me so full I could just immediately go to sleep but that was not what was in my future. I walked out of my room with Kathryn to find plates full of potatoes and (what we thought) was pork or steak. Non, after the first bite we knew that it was not either of those meats, but in fact it was Spam. I've never even had Spam, so honestly I'm hoping that's what it was because I have no earthly idea what else it could have been. Don't get me wrong, I ate every last bite, but I really hope I never have to eat that again. It was dry and just plain old icky. The good news was that, like almost every other night, she had this really great salad that was strictly lettuce tossed in an invisible dressing that is most likely homemade.

Tonight was even crazier. I was super hungry, and even ate a salad before dinner because I was so tired and hungry after walking around all day that I didn't even think I was going to make it to 8:30. So dinner time came and I was still hungry, even after my salad. So I walk out to the bar area where we eat to discover on my plate, a huge pile of spinach and a hard boiled egg. That's it. I like spinach, if it's on pizza or in a pasta sauce or mixed with noodles or something but what I don't like is a huge pile of it. I ate about 7 bites of spinach before it wouldn't go down anymore, and ate about 2 bites of the egg before I had to stop. Fortunately, like always, she had bread. I ate 2 pieces of bread and I'm hoping that can tie me over until morning. For that to be the case though, I'm going to have to go to bed very soon.

Anyway, I finished buying pretty much all of my presents today. I want to buy two more I think...but those should be easy to find. I'm going to run out of money I think before I get back so I'm hoping that everyone in my family is sending me money and letting my parents put it in my account! My birthday is in 4 days so think of it as an early present!

No comments:

Post a Comment