Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Le dejeuner libonais, et un diner de dinde


So since the past few nights have been a little crazy with dinner, I'm excited to say that today everything I ate was very yummy.

Before class I had a bowl of Special-K-like cereal with chocolate flakes and soy milk (Lait du soja). After that I headed off to class and after we were in there for about an hour the class decided (well Romeiser decided and the class followed) to walk towards the ancient roman arenas that are still left standing in Paris. Sure enough we found it (there are pictures on my flickr) and then after that we decided to go to a Lebanese restaurant for lunch. There were several options for different menu prices, but because I'm sortof running out of money I got the cheapest one which was 11€ where I got three mini-appetizers of Hummus with sesame oil, Baba-ganoush, and a salad with this killer dressing. After that the server just brought out a mixture of the various entrees we could choose from and those were also super yummy. We ate a spinach-filled pastry, a lamb-filled pastry, and falafel. Everything was super good!

After that we went to tour the Musee d'Orsay where there are TONS of Van Goghs and various other impressionists and post-impressionists and wicked awesome paintings and sculptures. After that I went with Kathryn and Colleen to the Champs-Elysees where I saw a Rolls Royce Silver Spur and a Bently coupe. We went there to look for a purse for Kathryn but sadly we didn't find it :(

Anyway, when we got back home it was pretty early so we just sortof waited around and did homework until dinner. At dinner we had turkey, a mixture of cauliflower, broccoli, and peas, and rice. Yum! Mme Dugan bought a bottle of wine the other day and I had another glass with my food tonight. After dinner she served us Camembert with sourdough bread and a "Compote" which is actually apple sauce but it's way better than American apple sauce.

Anyway, tomorrow I have another test so posting my blog was sortof my break from studying so I hope everyone is having a great night and that you have to study significantly less than I do this evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment