Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Le louvre et le champagne


I am realizing every day that this trip is going to be exhausting. Every day I wind up with 50,000,000 things to do and not that I don't enjoy it, because I do, it's just a lot to manage.

This morning I got up and my roommate and I wandered our way down to class. We made it very quickly, as usual, and sat around until Romeiser decided to start. We talked about the urbanization of Paris and a little bit of the history. Yeah, it was pretty dull, but I mean, history is better than geography.

After class we left and went to lunch at this little french cafe down the street where I had a salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, lettuce, tomatoes, and what appeared to be beef jerky. It was very strange, but very good! I also had two glasses of the house champagne, which I have decided is growing on me. I didn't use to like champagne but it was very good this afternoon. I have also taken into consideration that this could be because I'm in France and all the wine is going to be superior than the wine in the US. After that, one of the other girls got a crepe with nutella and I ate the last few bites that she didn't want. I was really excited to have my first crepe in France, but I was also excited because the crepe I ate was very similar to the texture and taste of the crepes I made! Yay!

Anyway, after lunch I bought all the souvenirs for everyone in the states. Then we met up with the group at le Louvre and wandered around with an insanely-educated tour guide for about 1 and a half hours and saw everything you're supposed to see. I wish I could have stayed longer but honestly I was so tired after trekking through camps of tourists to see the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo that looking at any more art was just not going to happen.

I've made it home now, and am about to start my homework and eat dinner after that. I'm thinking about finding something to do tonight but I'm so tired after all of my walking and champagne that I could go to sleep right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment