Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bienvenue Diner


Wow. What an interesting night.

Well today started out with cereal and coffee with my host mom, and then my roommate and I headed out to the ISA office for our mandatory orientation. We sat through this thing telling all of us how to not attract attention and various other things like that. After the meeting we took a bus tour through Paris and saw all of the crazy sites that you're supposed to see, but it was all a little fast. I took as many pictures as I could and am posting them to flickr right now.

After the bus tour we headed to this restaurant called Parnasse 138 for our all-expenses-paid dinner. We ordered the traditional three courses and for my three I chose: the escargo with the lemon butter, the duck confit with scalloped potatoes, and for dessert I had strawberry sorbet. Yet again, everything was wonderful.

After dinner my roommate, I and a few other people headed out to hit up a bar and have a drink. We sat outside of this cute little Irish pub right outside of the train station at Les Halles and drank our drinks and then split up our separate ways to go home.

I am so tired! I'm really excited about today though, it was really nice and now that I have figured out the Francophile train system I feel like I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment