Sunday, June 26, 2011

My favorite tortellini.

Hey everyone.

So I've had a terrible night, and as you may have been able to assume, the way I comfort myself is cooking. Tonight I decided I would make my favorite tortellini pasta salad. I don't make my tortellini from scratch, but I do LOVE the Buitoni brand that they sell at Kroger (and I'm sure most other grocery stores).

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 pckg cheese filled tortellini (the biggest size they offer)
Pesto
Tomato and Basil Feta cheese
Grape tomatoes, halved
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Cumin Seed
Onion Powder
Lemon juice

Directions:
Cook tortellini according to package directions (I boil it for about 1 minute). Drain and rinse with cold water.

Cut chicken breasts in half and season with salt and pepper. Cook in 2 tbs. of olive oil until done. Remove from heat.

Mix tomatoes, feta, pesto, and all of the seasonings (to taste) in a big bowl. Mix in the tortellini. Slice the chicken breast into small strips, then add into the mix. Place the lid (if you have one) on the bowl and toss the salad. Chill for about an hour (or less) until it's the temperature you prefer.

Again, this week is going to be a terrible one. I have a court date that will (hopefully) be issuing my ex-boyfriend with an Order of Protection on Tuesday...and it's affecting my mood tonight, and probably for the rest of the week until all of this is over.

If anyone has any requests for stuff for me to cook and maybe post a tutorial for, send it to me on facebook. Thanks for all of your support!

-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment