Friday, June 17, 2011

Food blogging, once again!

Hi everyone!

I can't guarantee that I will be able to maintain a steady interest in blogging about my culinary exploits, but I felt the urge today, so here it goes.

CJ recently taught me how to make hummus, and according to him, I have perfected his recipe. Because hummus is super cheap and I'm having company this weekend, it makes a great snack for a few people to munch on that doesn't cost that much!

My hummus recipe:
2 cans of garbanzo beans
Olive oil
1/4 cup tahini paste
(all of the rest of these are "to taste" ingredients)
Cumin seed
Red pepper
Salt
Lemon juice

My blender isn't that great (and I don't have a food processor), so I have to blend the cans of garbanzo beans one at a time.
Anyway, add one can of garbanzo beans an about 3 tablespoons of olive oil into the blender. Churn until the beans are slightly creamy, then add the tahini paste, all of the seasonings, and the other can of beans. Basically, just blend everything together until it's a pasty consistency! You'll have to keep adding olive oil to help the blender process the beans easier. Enjoy with some pita (I prefer the whole wheat kind), and you'll have a great, healthy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment