Friday, June 3, 2011

"Your bum!"


Ahem.

What a day/night!

This morning, we got up and switched our flights. We are now coming back the 6th with mama, instead of staying on until the 11th. It was just going to be WAY too expensive to stay here and pay for a car, and rent hotels, and pay for food...you know how expensive vacations are.

After we were on the phone with Hertz and Delta for awhile, we headed down towards the Catacombs. It was unexpectedly busy. The line literally was almost entirely around the block. So we ditched, got coffee, and headed back towards the metro. We arrived at Cité, jumped off, and visited Notre Dame. SOOOOOO pretty. I remember seeing it last year, but this year mass was going on and the priest was dressed all elegantly and stuff. It was a really neat experience.

After that we got back on line 4, and got off at Les Halles. So, if anyone reading this ever goes to Paris, go to Les Halles. It is huge. I mean, it's all shopping and cheap/crappy eating, but it's amazing if you want cheap, decent clothes. We bought tickets at fnac (an electronics store that also sells tickets?) to Versailles for tomorrow. After that we headed toward Montmartre. Before we could get back on the metro, we went and had lunch at this cute little place. I had crudité and some sort of roasted chicken. NOMZ.

After lunch, we went back to line 4, switched to line 12, and then got off and walked to the Sacred Heart Cathedral. Again, when we got inside, there was a mass going on. We quickly toured the church, then went around and took pictures of the amazing view of Paris from the Cathedral. It was a great way to see Paris after having walked around in its guts for most of the time we've been here.

After that, we came back to the apartment, went to dinner at a crêperie where I had an amazing fish soup, then Jeremy and I headed out to one of my old haunts in Paris, Café Bonnie in the 10th arrondissement. It was awesome. We had a few mojitos with my friend Kara, and here I am now. Exhausted. Ready for bed (couch?).

We'll be getting up tomorrow, heading towards the Catacombs (for the 3rd time) and then hopping on a train to Versailles for a few hours. Hopefully my mom and I will get some shopping done before we leave on Sunday!

I'm excited to come home! I miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment