Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last night in Europe=NOT great success.

Dear everyone reading,

If you would like to stay somewhere practical and easy, DO NOT stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rome at the airport that starts with an 'f'. We've been here for what? 4 hours now? And we still haven't been able to access our second room. This is awful. My brother and I may not have any where to sleep tonight, because the stupid Hilton Honors people can't figure anything out.

ANYWAY.

So. Our last day in Europe. Last night we were still in Paris. My mom and brother went to bed super early, so my dad and I went out and drank some wine at the café across the street. We had a heart to heart, and I basically decided that I'm going to do something with international marketing. That works, right? After drinking our wine, we came up to the apartment, accidentally woke Jeremy up, and then we crashed.

We got up early this morning and headed to the airport. We made it! Obviously, because now we are in Rome.

We're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn right next to the Fumicino airport, and this has been the rockiest/worst hotel experience EVER. We've been waiting for like 4 hours go get a second room for my brother to stay in, and so far it's been unsuccessful. My dad is just now on the phone with Hilton Honors to try to get us somewhere to sleep tonight.

Regardless, I am happy to be heading back to the states tomorrow morning. I desperately miss CJ, and I'm sick of riding in taxis and trying to figure out random modes of public transportation in foreign countries. While I love Europe, and pretty much everything about it, I would only feel comfortable if I was actually living here. I'm pretty used to the metro system in Paris, the language in London, and the way of eating/living in Rome. I could live here, but only if CJ comes with me. I wouldn't want to do this on my own.

So for tonight, I bid everyone adieu. We're getting on the plane to states tomorrow at 10:30, and I won't have free wi-fi after tonight. I'll be calling everyone when I get back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment