Friday, April 13, 2012

Soooo....


I really am awful about posting in this blog. I also just remembered that I had nothing exciting going on in my life for almost a year (besides graduating college and finally realizing what I want to do with my entire life...) which is why I haven't been posting.

So here we go. I will turn over a new leaf. It's perfect timing too, because in a little more than a month I will be moving up to Hyde Park, NY to attend the Culinary Institute of America for baking and pastry arts. For all of you that know me, you know that baking is one of my passions. Without it, I'm not sure what to do with myself. I survive off of churning out countless cakes, cupcakes, and cookies for my friends for any occasion, and because of that, I believe with every fiber of my being that I'm making the right decision to attend the world's premier culinary school.

I would like to document my progression from an at-home baker to one that can create culinary masterpieces that blow the minds of everyone who encounters them. I've already started writing a cookbook that will help document the change, but posting an immediate reference for all of my friends might prove more interesting for everyone.

So I'll go ahead and post the last thing I made.

Kit Kat Ice Cream:

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of milk
2 cups of heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 Kit Kat bars (chopped)
Mini chocolate chips (optional)

Put the eggs in a mixer, and mix until they are light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar. Next, add heavy whipping cream and milk. Once combined, add vanilla extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then pour into ice cream maker. Mix until ice cream is almost finished, then stir in Kit Kat bars and chocolate chips (if you choose). Freeze for an additional few hours to make sure ice cream the right consistency.

EAT (unless you're lactose intolerant).

So, the next time I bake something fantastic, I'll try to remember to post it on here!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment