Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tortellini and red sauce.


Yay! We finally made it to London!

The flight was relatively short, lasting only 2 hours and 20 minutes. However, it was a little too turbulent for my taste. So after we made it to the city, we had a fun time trying to figure out how we were going to get to our flat. It's near Waterloo, and we flew in at Heathrow. The tube ride itself took us about 45 minutes. That's better than the 1.5 hours the rental agency guestimated in a taxi.

The best part of our trip, however, was being stuck in an overly-crowded tube with a bunch of disappointed, yet still friendly soccer fans. We fell into conversation with one gentleman who invited the whole family out to drinks tonight, suitcases and all, and then to Sunday dinner tomorrow where he promised us a roast. I was really tempted to take him up on it. I can't even imagine the night we would have had if we had followed him down the rabbit hole that is local London pubs.

Instead of doing that, we came back to the flat, got set up, and then mom, dad, and I started wandering the streets looking for a pub. It seemed that everything was closed, so we went to the grocery where I got tortellini with red sauce, a bottle of cheap Shiraz, and we also stocked up on stuff for breakfast. And I ate it. And it was great.

And now I'm exhausted. Jeremy is sleeping on the couch in the living room, so I'm going to do him a courtesy and turn off Criminal Minds (I AM HOPELESSLY AMERICAN, I ACCEPT THIS) and go to bed. I'm going to test out the wi-fi connection in my room too...we'll see how it goes! I'll be posting more pictures tomorrow, so be sure to check out my facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment