Monday, May 30, 2011

London is approachable.


London is just not that exciting to me. It's a great city, it has a lot of history, a lot of fashion, and a lot of personality. However, it's just not nearly as thrilling and awe-inspiring to me as Rome. But honestly, that's one of my favorite things about it. It's approachable. It's comfortable. Heck, it's almost livable.

Instead of walking around with my jaw on the floor like I constantly did in Rome, I look at flats, their location, and their proximity to stuff I might need. I look for things someone who would potentially live there looks for. It's just cool. I don't know, I could see myself in the UK one day. It's homey to me.

My family went out today and saw the Tower of London, and we went shopping on Portobello Road. Last time I was on Portobello Road was what...7 years ago? I remembered it being MUCH busier than it was today, but it was still fun. I bought a hat, tights, socks, and a beret for Steve (a guy I work with). I keep looking for something to get for CJ, but he's so picky :). I'm sure he'd love anything I bought for him, but still, I don't want him to have to pretend.

So tomorrow it looks like it's going to be cold and cloudy...again. So we're off to the British Museum, and we'll be seeing that and perhaps the Tate Modern if I can muster up the energy to go through 2 museums in a day.

I'll post again tomorrow!

Oh wait! Before I part, I wanted to talk about the AMAZING dinner we had tonight. It was at a restaurant that's very close to our flat, called Tas. It's a Mediterranean restaurant, and it was WONDERFUL. I had red lentil soup, lamb shish, and a chocolate cake. Everything we had was wonderful, and I have posted pictures of all of the courses on my facebook. Be sure to check it out!

A demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment