Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last blog in Rome!


So we’re here, at the breakfast table in Rome, for the last time. I’m drinking coffee, and eating bread and a banana (I’m still trying to lose weight here people!). My mom is complaining of stomach pain, my brother’s in the shower, and my dad is trying to figure out where we’re going to store our baggage until our flight to London at 7 PM. I’m just going to do what I’m told at this point. I packed up all of my stuff last night, and have been ready to go since then.

Today we’re going to somehow get to the Coliseum, take a tour and that will most likely be the last thing that we do. My dad was depending on the apartment having Wi-Fi so that he could get some work done, and since it DOESN’T, we’re all going to go to the airport like 2 hours early so he can purchase it for himself and work while the rest of the family goes around to the shops. (I hope the shopping is as good as my mom is insisting that it is.)

So yesterday, I woke up with these HUGE itchy welts on my legs. They look a lot like bug bites, so we went to the “Farmacia” and picked up some anti-histamine gel. Today they’re slightly smaller, but now they don’t look like bug bites at all. They look like concentrated poison ivy spots. I’m probably going to die. I keep checking my vitals (or at least how I’m feeling compared to how I was feeling before I got them) and I’m doing fine…for now. I’ll post about it later…unless I die.


Here's an Anthony Bourdain quote that I am currently in love with.
“Vegetarians in a pub? For their own good, vegetarians should never be allowed near fine beers and ales. It will only make them loud and belligerent, and they lack the physical strength and aggressive nature to back up any drunken assertions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment