Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Itching.

I totally forgot to post after my huge news!

Daniel and I are ENGAGED as of January 7, 2015! I know that was over a month ago, but life has been busy. I have been scheduling all of my days around planning a wedding, and icing enough cookies to supply the entire city of Atlanta (it feels like).



As of now, we are getting married on October 18 at the Piedmont Room in Atlanta. If anything changes, I will be sure to alert everyone!

As far as life goes, things are busy, but going well. I have been working at Star Provisions since November of last year, and I couldn't be happier. I work long days (most of the time), but my ever-wonderful boss allows me to test recipes and come up with new products to sell in the store. I love that I get to smell cookies, brownies, and cooking sugar all day every day. I do not miss working as a pastry line cook in a restaurant. I do not miss it at all. One thing I do miss? My fiance.

Daniel still works nights, and I work from 7 AM-3 PM. He gets to work at 1 PM and doesn't leave until 1 AM most days. Fortunately, Chef schedules us with the same days off, but it still makes for a lonely apartment in the afternoons.

That being said, I am itching for new things to do. Wedding planning takes up a fair amount of my time, but not enough. I miss expanding my knowledge, I miss reading, and I miss creating things. I mean, my job is chock-full of creations, but I want to paint or sculpt again. I've been researching taking a ceramics class, but everything is restricted by money, as usual.

I'm working on a way to have a hobby, but one that I can participate in freely or with things I have at hand. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Until I hear from you guys, here are a few pictures of the things I've been making at Star!

Peppermint Fudge

NYE Sugar Cookies

Black Forest Tarts

Valentine's Day Cookies

Blue Macs for Winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment