Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Brief Blah Blah

I have such great intentions (and plenty of time) to update this blog, but I always forget. Plus, interesting things rarely happen to me anymore. It is also hard to make them happen when you are seriously lacking in the cash department.

I decided I would update today, because at least SOMETHING new happened yesterday. I worked my first solo shift! Usually, when I work, I have either Billy or Chef Aaron there with me for the entire shift. Aaron spends more time upstairs, allowing me to run the station solo for most of the evening, but he always at least stops by to make sure everything is running smoothly. Billy always works side-by-side with me for the entire night.

I know a lot of you are like "woah, that's dumb, I've been working by myself for my entire externship." Well, congratulations. I haven't been, and I'm excited to say that I felt comfortable to run the station, plate desserts, discuss cheeses with servers, and close everything correctly for the first time by myself since I started at Restaurant Eugene. I also heard from one of the guys on the line that they didn't let the previous extern run the station solo until her last three weeks on the job. I'm proud of myself!

Today has been relatively boring, but I got too caught up (meaning two weeks ahead) on my externship manual (again), and it's USA's Law and Order: SVU marathon day so I haven't been lacking for entertainment. I'm looking forward to going in to work tomorrow because we have a buyout (where someone basically "rents" the restaurant for the entire evening), and I haven't gotten to work one yet. It should be an interesting experience.

I don't have too many pictures to post now, but I'll see what I can dig up to share with you guys!

Well, this is something.

No comments:

Post a Comment