Saturday, August 11, 2012

To Cure What Ails Me

While I type this entry, I am watching the fifth Harry Potter movie and laying in bed with a large shot of Emergen-C by my side. I am afraid to admit that I've started to feel a bit flu-ish, and that I may soon fall prey to the evil grasp of the rhinovirus. I'm sincerely hoping that after this day of almost constant rest, that my immune system will have perked up and will help me fight off whatever plagues me, but I guess we'll see tomorrow.



This upcoming week is sure to be a busy one. I have my skills examination on Wednesday, during which I will be required to make pâte a choux, pastry cream, and a génoise cake. Fortunately I do not have to complete éclair, and I do not have to layer my génoise. I'm hoping that the examination will be relatively uneventful, and quite a smooth process. Again, we'll just have to see what happens when the time comes.

This week in bake shop was really fun! We got to layer our first cakes at CIA, we made palmiers, practiced pâte a choux, made pastry cream, made bread pudding (mine was flavored with bourbon and dark chocolate chips), and discussed strategies for the upcoming class. It was really exciting.


Anyway, I'm going to keep this entry very short so that I can get as much rest as I can. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I'll be feeling a whole lot better! This school doesn't allow much time to be sick, and I'm not planning on missing any class if I can help it. I'll post after my exam to let everyone know how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment