Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Travel Post


As I am writing this post, I am in an internet-free zone in Winchester, VA. The hotel CLAIMS to have Internet, but it lies. Anyway, it’s not a big deal. I played a few minutes of offline Minecraft, and have now popped in the fourth Harry Potter movie and a sleeping pill. I’m writing this post in my Microsoft Word program, and I only wanted to briefly note how I’m feeling right now.

I drove for 7 hours today, and have made it more than halfway back to NY. Leaving Knoxville was much harder this time, as I won’t be returning for at least a year. A large majority of my greatest friends will have relocated by that time, and I’m not sure when I’ll see them again. It was a rough departure, but quite necessary. It’s strange, but my return to school is actually more nerve wracking than the first time I arrived. I haven’t quite pinpointed why I’m feeling that way, but hopefully I can stew over it tomorrow.

For now, I’m going to go to sleep. I’m going to try to get up at 5 AM tomorrow to start driving. I want to get moved in as soon as possible, so I can start doing all of the homework that I didn’t do over the break. I’ll post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment