Tuesday, February 18, 2014

First Atlanta Update

We're here! We're settled in, with the majority of our boxes unpacked and disposed of. I am sitting comfortably on the couch, watching television, waiting out a nasty cold, and waiting for Daniel to get off of work. He started today, while I just had my orientation with Rocket Farm this morning. I start my new position at dinner service tomorrow.

Orientation today was very enlightening. It started with a 3-hour talk by a man who has lived all over the world, and trained the employees of many types of restaurants and resorts. He gave a lecture about the proper way to give great service, and used several very inspirational stories from his past. It left me feeling very excited and ready to work for this company. At first, I was a little annoyed with having to do this orientation, but after it was all said and done, I felt relieved. I feel like I work for an ACTUAL company, not just some thrown-together organization that only deals with problems as they arise. This company has policies in place to deal with every day kitchen problems like sexual harassment, drugs, alcohol, and even vacation days. I never thought I would fit in well with a "restaurant group", but I'm happier than ever. The Rocket Farm Group cares so much about their employees, and I'm excited that my first job in the real world is with them.

I haven't started work yet, and I'm sure once I get there, I will discover things that I don't love about this place. Until then, though, I am very impressed with their policies and expectations of their employees.

Now, as promised, I will leave you guys with a few pictures of our finished apartment!

Bedroom #1

Closet Space

Upstairs Hallway

Full Bathroom

Staircase

Second Bedroom

Living Room from the Staircase

Front Door

Kitchen

Kitchen!
There ya go! This is our new life, starting now. I am so ecstatic that Daniel is here with me to share these experiences. So now it's time to start! Here we go! I'll update as life starts progressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment